I like to believe that I help to “empower women” with my business.
What does empower mean?
Empowerment can be defined as the process of becoming stronger and more confident, especially in controlling one’s life and claiming one’s rights.
Specifically, I believe that boudoir empowers women by:
• Giving them a boost of confidence by…
–stepping outside of their comfort zone
–seeing themselves in a new light
–trying a new thing
• Being a part of the community
• Giving them a reason to spend money and time on themselves
• Making them pay attention to their own needs for (at least) a specific period of time
• Helping them to connect or reconnect to a more hidden side of themselves and/or their sexuality and/or sensuality
• Giving them a feeling of strength by “facing their fears” (i.e. wearing lingerie for the first time; seeing the photos of themselves)
• Creating artwork of themselves that can be…
—shared for positive reinforcement and encouragement, allowing them to practice accepting compliments
—enjoyed as a reminder to themselves of a time they stepped out of their comfort zone, did something brave and felt truly remarkable
Starting this week, I’m going to start sharing specific ways that you can empower the women in your life (including yourself, if applicable) on my Facebook page and in my private Facebook group. I challenge you to take action on these ideas, and even better, comment on the posts with a photo and/or way that you took this action for yourself or a fellow woman during the week!
Want to take it a step further and do this for yourself? Set up a call with me here and we’ll chat!